Does it seem like the workplace has changed over the last few years? It does to me. I have had a string of 'bad' supervisors. The ones that like to make your work life miserable by always finding some fault even if they have to make one up. A few examples:
1-The school where I was a Guidance Counselor had 4 principals in 4 years. The last principal decided to take the school in a new direction which did not include me. Two weeks before my scheduled exit date, she brings the school accountant to my office and tells him to watch me pack my things and escort me to my car. She called down half an hour later to find out what was taking so long. Seriously my only fault was helping students get into college and hand scheduling every student in the high school over the summer without any additional pay.
2-At my next job as a social worker, our agency went bankrupt, misappropriating state grant funds. My supervisor quit right before we went belly-up. A lady with a bachelors degree who had been there two months longer than I, was the only person to apply for the supervisor's position. So of course, they gave it to her. While I was gone to visit my daughter for a few days, she did an audit of 5 of my case management families' charts. The day I returned to work she pulled me into a surprise meeting with the agency supervisor and gave me 4 double-sided pages full of critiques on every part of each chart. That's 20 pages of blocks filled in concerning every type of entry possible. I had three days to fix everything she marked. I went back to my office and looked over her critiques. I pulled the charts and went line-by-line. Half of her remarks weren't even correct as I had no problem finding the information that was indeed in the chart.
There's more, but I'll spare you. What's the point of all this? Who gets giddy from antagonizing and lying about people and their work ethic? Trust me, I am not a goof-off. I put my heart and soul into everything I do. I just don't get it. How do these managers sleep at night with all that manipulation going on? They should be exhasuted from all their plotting and planning.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment